Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world's leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors' offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Roche / GE Healthcare partnership Acute Care Program is developing digital solutions that will enable clinicians to identify patients being either at risk of sepsis development or clinical deterioration sooner. The Acute Care team will leverage GE Healthcare's "in vivo" and Roche's "in vitro" expertise (including artificial intelligence, deep learning, commercial, and clinical) and assets towards product development goals.
The team needs a clinician with profound intensive care experience/intensivist to lead the program's biomarker strategy and Acute Care clinical development plans, specifically to identify a clinically useful set of biomarkers/characteristics in an acute care setting as it relates to the development of clinical algorithms and clinical decision support tools.
The advertised position offers:
- Responsible for developing and improving clinical algorithms as a member of the GE Healthcare / Roche Acute Care team biomarker workstream and as a clinical subject matter expert to lead the relevant clinical product development work sets
- Accountability to deliver clinically useful biomarker strategies into digital solutions, clinical decision support tools and clinical algorithms in development.
- Advance AI-enabled digital solutions and algorithm development, working closely with data science and engineering teams
- Accountable for product development plans (including clinical trials) to maximize the partnership activities for both companies
- Develop advisory input from key academic and clinical experts across needed clinical areas
- Responsible for acquiring key digital data sets (including hematology) to enable data science team ingest data, support in identifying expertise to curate images, and provides feedback to team in how to improve clinical algorithms
- Accountable for Acute Care teams' relevant clinical trials design, data generation and publication
- Responsible for working closely with and supporting the Acute Care clinical team
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role (you have to):
- MD/PhD/PharmD with at least 5 years of clinical practice experience and/or clinical research experience in the area of intensive care, internal medicine, or anesthesiology/emergency medicine
- Industry experience in an international, matrix environment is a plus
- Experience in routine clinical setting necessary (e.g. hospital setting where testing and management of sepsis patients are performed)
- Clinical experience in interpretation of laboratory results and related routine laboratory and clinical practices
- Experience working with key opinion leaders, international working groups, and ability to present complex data to a variety of audiences is needed.
- Expertise in cellular biology of diseases (especially for infectious diseases, inflammation and sepsis)
- Experience in clinical development, design, conduct and analysis of clinical trials, experience in managing, interpreting and presenting wide ranges of scientific data to different audiences
- Experience working with data scientists and deep learning models a plus
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to make decisions and set priorities
- Strong sense of responsibility and results orientation
- Fluent English is required
Travelling is required for this position